Friday, May 23, 2008

Luxury

What a luxury today has been! Usually I am in a great panic Friday morning because I'm not ready for my piano class, so I cram practicing the week's tune all morning to get ready. With class canceled, I've been able to do errands, writerly chores, and the usual things we do to avoid work we should be doing. It's been a great morning! I even bought a terrific mechanical pencil. Not a bad day's work ha ha. I also found two great music books in the library that are just what I need, so I ordered copies. If last summer was my digital summer, this one is my musical summer. Summer after next might find me videotaping an original short chamber opera. That would be very cool indeed, especially if it's located out in the world and not in a theater. My notion is to tape in acapella and then add music later.

A grad student never got her papers signed for her Masters orals, and I think she's going to need my signature today, her deadline, so I need to be available. Otherwise I might skip work entirely and head off somewhere with the dog. Just as well I stay home, though ... I may get some real work done yet today.

No comments: