Thursday, May 22, 2008

June 19-21, Pittsburgh, Hypertext 08 Conference

My videos are first up. The head of the workshop will host the session since I won't be there.

He's going to try to put together a "visiting writer" gig for me next spring where I'll "put on a show" testing my design for a hyperdrama theater. This would be very cool if we can pull it off. It actually wouldn't be that hard, using computer projections on screens. If you had 3 or 4 computer-screen arrangements, you could communicate the concept. I'd really love to do this.
clipped from steveersinghaus.com

Hypertext 08 Workshop on Creating out of the Machine: Hypertext, Hypermedia, and Web Artists Explore the Craft

The Program

Session 1
CHANGING KEY: A hyperdrama Video and Lecture-demonstration :: Charles Deemer, Portland State University, USA. 9:15-10:15 AM

More Information


"CHANGING KEY": A hyperdrama Video and Lecture-demonstration :: Charles Deemer


In “Changing Key” I will introduce the dramatic principles of hyperdrama, illustrate them with a short dramatic video, and discuss the “nuts & bolts” of writing and producing hyperdrama both for live performance and for film. The entire package will be a structured video accessed through a website with embedded videos that are hosted at YouTube.
 blog it


All this material is available online.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I, sir, would be in the front row to watch! I'm looking forward to seeing the Keys presentation at Hypertext 08 and sorry that you won't be there in person. I've had a chance to check out a few of the paths and will do more on it before the conference.

Charles Deemer said...

Cool, thanks for the support.