Friday, November 13, 2009

Trials & tribulations

When he was alive, my best buddy Dick doted over his granddaughter. She was bright, personable, a straight-A student who could do no wrong. So maybe it's just as well that he's not here to have witnessed her getting involved with drugs, serious ones. She's in treatment in Eugene now, and her parents (my Godson) are coming through town on their way to parents weekend to visit her. I'll visit with them later today. No one is immune from drugs. Many parents refuse to accept that and end up learning the old-fashioned way, in the school of hard knocks.

On a more encouraging note, Sketch jumped up on the bed this morning and slid under the covers, his morning habit but one he had abandoned while sick. So he must be feeling better. His infection doesn't look much better yet, though. But I think he's on the road to recovery.

I got a little work done on the splay already this morning. Soon will do a bit on the novel.

No comments: