Sunday, November 08, 2009

A rainy Sunday

The task today is to catch up with my advanced students and, this done, get some writing done, first on the splay and then brood about a short novel I want to return to with a different narrative attitude.

Some fun games yesterday: Navy beat Notre Dame! UCLA beat Washington! Oregon lost in a shoot out to Stanford, which impressed me. Stanford is a cool school. I love their politically incorrect band, which is more or less a satire of college bands. The Berkeley-Stanford rivalry is about as irreverent as college sports can get, two schools that value intellect over brawn. I love it.

I'm getting a Windows netbook so I can run all my special programs, edit video, and take my work load on the road. I'll give this other to H for her travels, she can stick it in her purse. Netbooks are a great advance in the connectivity world.

Not feeling any worse and may be feeling a little better. But I gotta stay dry.

All is well. I love this, the contemplative, stage of my life. I think it's Social Security, an automatic income, that is the great remover of stress in one's life. What would life be like if everyone had a guaranteed income, just enough to get by, from the get go? Oops, there I go sounding like a commie again. Sorry about that.

No comments: