Sunday, November 22, 2009

Bangs and whimpers

I have no idea what, if any, pre-publicity the 25th anniversary showing of JT will get. I sent out all the press releases to everyone, etc. But something considered "an Oregon classic" a quarter century ago may well be meaningless today. Memories are short. Man, are they short! What I hope for is that a few of the folks associated with the original production show up so I can say howdy. I suspect this affair will be a whimper, not a bang, consistent with my overall place in the local firmament since my theatrical funeral in the late 80s. I'm used to it.

I wish H didn't like Portland so much. I'd be gone in a flash. Invisibility works best when ghosts aren't following you around. Retirement heaven to me would be a small town with warm weather (the desert!) where no one knows me, where I can hobble everywhere, and where the library and coffee shops have free wifi. I'd work on my posthumous archive and mind my own damn business.

No comments: