Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Stiff

I love this early (1975) one-act dark farce of mine, about (it seems at first) a corpse with an erection. So I was excited to discover that someone did a search for it (ending up here at my blog, is how I know), and this someone is in Indonesia. It's a play in the Euro style, not American, to be sure. Has one of my favorite curtain lines: "What the people expect, they deserve. What they deserve, they get. Always."

Go to THE STIFF.

Hadn't thought of this one in a long time. It's a play with balls (as well as erections).

But the question is: how in hell did someone in Indonesia find out about this? Might my friend in Bali have something to do with this? (making the question, how did SHE find out about it?) Mysteries never to be solved but to be enjoyed nonetheless. The writing life.

No comments: