Tuesday, November 03, 2009

The timidity of governing

I didn't grow up in a church-going family but there was a Jesus Christ presence in the home nonetheless: FDR. My parents worshipped him. This came to mind when I saw an article at The Huffington Post today.

Obama, in great contrast to FDR, has been a timid president. As I've suggested before, maybe he's too nice to be president. He wants to please everyone. When has this ever worked in politics? FDR pulled no punches: he called bankers greedy scumbags! Can you imagine Obama doing this?

His timidity, if it continues, will mark the failure of his administration. In fact, I can even see him as a one term president. A great disappointment because he hasn't taken the bull by the horns and led the way toward the very changes he promised while campaigning.

Politics ruins more good men.

No comments: