Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Almost deja vu all over again

I was apprehensive last night as the Phillies took a 6-run lead into the 8th inning. Too good to be true and all that. And the Yankees, man, they never quit. And I was right to be concerned. The Yankees cut the lead in half in the 8th, shut out the Phillies, then put the first two men on board in the 9th. A home run would tie it! With 2 outs and 2 strikes I was still worried -- and sure enough, a single scored kept them alive. But the Phillies hung on and now we go to NY for the 6th and possibly 7th game. An exciting series.

On thing I'll say about writing a script from Contour, this "beat sheet" I printed out is like a security blanket. It's not in concrete -- I already added a very nice sequence -- but it's an outline of the main journey, and to write knowing so much about the story is far less stressful and fragile than my usual method of stumbling around in the dark. I like Contour.

So I'll work more on the script this morning. I've been working upstairs on the netbook, in Celtx, so I can keep the dog company (and vice versa). Then I import into Sophocles, which I still use as my main screenwriting program despite its demise. I'm already 20 pages in, finishing up act one. If I finish act one today, a great accomplishment. Maybe too much to ask.

A very busy day tomorrow: I collect first draft projects from forest track writers today. So no rest or writing time tomorrow. Then it's First Wednesday.

I think we have more rain on its way. Why not?

No comments: