Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A busy morning

Two recall stops this morning, first to meet with a coffee group, get sigs and train a few who want to get their own signatures; then to the library for its first hour, on the heels of a great evening there for its last hour.

So this afternoon I definitely, definitely, need to make progress on a project or two! I feel like I'm spending all my time on the recall.

Watched THE RIGHT STUFF and again was awed by the feats of the early test pilots. Definitely a rare breed. I've never read the book. Might do that. Right now I'm reading an extraordinary book, a short history of the world, originally written in German, poetic and gripping even though written for children. More to say about this book later. I'd never heard of it but I'm sure it's a classic.

Since I have a meeting at coffee/bagel shop, should pick up some jalapeno bagels.

1 comment:

markoolio said...

Hello Charles- This is Mark Lysgaard from last Spring's screenwriting class. I will be having a book reading and signing for my new book: "Babbling On In Babylon: Quest for the Eleven Demand-ments!" at Urban Grind coffeehouse on 2214 NE Oregon, 2 blocks north of Sandy. The reading is tomorrow at 7pm. You can go to my website and check it out:
www.BabblingOnInBabylon.com. There willbe food, drinks, books, and my 8' tall cut out painting of "Blue Liberty in the Red."
Hope you can make it if you have nothing else going on. Hope you're summer is going well!
~Mark