Thursday, July 09, 2009

Richard Nixon Avenue?

Now that our politically correct liberal leaders have renamed a street filled with small businesses after Chavez, some equal-time conservatives want to rename NW 23rd, another street filled with small businesses, after Richard Nixon. Well, even though Nixon tops my list of despised politicians (I grew up in Calif. after all), and I don't approve of renaming any street after anyone (in other words, get your names right in the first place and stick by them), this idea is so whacko and absurd and darkly comic that I might support it! I mean, why not? If do-good lefties can get their street, why not give equal-time righties one? And gentrified NW is the perfect neighborhood for a Nixon Ave. I love it. "People are more interesting than anyone," as my departed mother loved to say.

No comments: