Sunday, July 12, 2009

A book I've been waiting for



Unscientific America: How Scientific Illiteracy Threatens Our Future
By Chris Mooney and Sheril Kirshenbaum
Basic Books, New York, July 2009
Hardcover, 209 Pages, $ 24.00 New
Extended Author Q & A Here

Forty years after Apollo 11 half of all Americans believe that humans were created in their present form less than ten thousand years ago. Senators, Representatives, and influential pundits proudly deride global warming and ridicule the overwhelming scientific evidence for anthropogenic climate change. Science sections in traditional media outlets are reduced or eliminated completely, while virtually every newspaper runs a daily astrology column. How did the most advanced scientific nation on earth end up like this, what are the consequences, and what can or should be done about it?

Read the review.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Science has been a briad and controversial topic for as long as I can remember. I had this admission essay for a Science-high school and there are a lot to answer. I love theories and conclusions on Scientific research and findings. I guess, I will read this book. Thanks for sharing.