Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Obama's style


I love our President's style. He wears a White Sox jacket to throw out the first pitch of the All-Star Game. This seems like an insignificant gesture but in politics it's huge. Almost all politicians tip toe down the middle of the road in public affairs, trying not to step on toes. Obama is a big White Sox fan and he's got the balls to show it in a huge arena. I love it.

And today, asked about the economy, he said:

"I love the folks who helped get us in this mess and then suddenly say, 'Well, this is Obama's economy,'" the president told an outdoor crowd at Macomb Community College, veering off his scripted words. "That's fine. Give it to me. My job is to solve problems, not to stand on the sidelines and harp and gripe."

Read the story.

I love what Obama has brought to politics. Unfortunately, here in Puddle City we haven't been able to join the party yet because our mayor is an old-school, conniving liar of a politician who calls himself a progressive but acts like a big city hood.

But I digress ha ha.

No comments: