Monday, May 25, 2009

Willamette National Cemetery

My old buddy Tom Campbell was buried here in 1991. Due for a visit, and Memorial Day is a good day to do it. Wish it was open now but not until 8. Maybe I'll be there when it opens. VO 4037 is his plot.

Tom was from Oklahoma, a football fanatic, a fun guy to hang with, older than I, retired when I met him and living on a variety of retirement checks including dwindling oil revenues (then). During a bad time in my life, he tried to keep up with me and I almost killed him. We'd open the bars together at 7 a.m. for a couple weeks in a row.

He was a good buddy. RIP.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting this, I buried my Father in 2007 there. I was unable to be there on Memorial Day...I needed to see were I was in my heart...May they all RIP