Monday, May 11, 2009

A low energy day

Which says it all. I did get some reading done. I also watched the old movie THE FOUNTAINHEAD. Never been an Any Rand fan but the film got me curious enough to revisit her ideas. Maybe egoism is more appealing in old age in a pop culture gone pathetic.

Even though little actual writing/work got done, significant brooding got done and this, after all, really is pre-writing and often as fruitful as the actual writing. So I've learned not to be hard on myself on days like this. They happen and sometimes they even happen for a reason.

Again, Wednesday is my hard day with a new batch of projects to look at. On the downhill side of classes.

For a moment, the day looked as if it might be sunny and warm. I got the table umbrella set up on the deck, thought I'd work out there, and as soon as I settled in, it got cloudy, windy, cool, so I fled. Typical weather here, doesn't know what it wants to do. I patiently, patiently await summer and some real genuine 90+ days. Damn, I really should move to some place warm.

H decided she wanted pizza for dinner. There's a Round Table right down the way, I ordered for a 5pm pickup.

No comments: