Wednesday, May 06, 2009

First Wednesday

The reading tonight, which I'm actually looking forward to.

Meanwhile I am sitting outside at a Starbucks on a wet chilly day. All the tables inside taken -- indeed, this is my 3rd try at finding an inside table somewhere, so I finally said to hell with it and am sitting outside here.

No sooner had I sat down and connected than a guy come over to drool over the eee pc, asking me about it. He, too, has had his eye out for one, and I of course gave it the highest recommendation. He knows about woot so he plans to keep an eye out for the next sale.

Made some progress on the new splay, low budget, yesterday, now about 20 pages in. I'm trying to keep the locations around three or four. Becomes very play-like as a result.

A book I need is ready for pick up at the library, this regarding research for the difficult novel. I go hot and cold about it. Maybe I no longer have the chops to pull something like this off. I'm pretty sure I did when I was younger and more reckless and daring. But I may not have the energy to write something so, well, daring at this point in my life.

I've decided to read from KEROUAC'S SCROLL, 3 sections, including the rather gruesome death scene. Maybe tomorrow I'll put the parts I read down here.

What is it about blogging out of the house that's more fun than blogging at home? Interesting.

My reading load is less than I thought for the daY. i may leave some of it for tomorrow morning. I want to give myself time to reread the script of Sideways, which I haven't done for a while, just to refresh some things.

Well, drinking iced coffee outside in this chilly day isn't warming me up any. Onward.

No comments: