Sunday, May 17, 2009

Editor's hat

Need to get serious about editing video for the review today, despite the great weather. I'm just about caught up with yard work, at least for a few days ha ha. It never ends. of course. But this morning, while doing laundry, I'll put in a couple hours editing. Need to get into a routine, an hour a day and I'll be fine.

The new prose project and splay both shaping up well in draft, so we keep putting one foot after the other. Nice to feel back in the groove,

The dinner party last night was bearable. Had a couple interesting conversations, the food was good, and we left early (the first to leave). Were home by 9, so I didn't miss my bed time ha ha. Even H is finding less energy for that sort of thing in her old age, and she is Ms. Social Life. I'm Mr. Stay At Home since I quit drinking years ago.

One of the actors I work with got himself a Flip camera. He may be moving to the other end of the camera. Curious what he'll be up to.

Which reminds me, I need to start scheduling June video activity.

Everything I tell think it's unusual, if not weird, to have a reunion for "English graduate school students at the University of Oregon between 1965 and 1975." There's the assumption that something special was going on then, and if I thought so at the time, I'm not sure I do now in any site-specific sense. What was happening at U of O was happening all over the country, the 60s.

And what challenging video projects I have for myself at this event!

Well, H is taking off early for a business meeting at her church, I want to get home before she goes.

No comments: