Sunday, May 03, 2009

Screenwriter as geek

I finally have Celtx, the screenwriting program, loaded and running on the eee pc. Took a few hours. EEE runs on Linux, the OS loved by geeks, and downloading and installing programs is much more than clicking this and that. You have to load the terminal and make command line commands. I'm not quite sure how I got it to run but apparently I extracted and expanded a tar file correctly. I then run it from the terminal, going to the proper directory and typing ./celtx, which I learned in a forum online. One finds all answers in forums online, it just takes a while.

I fortunately have worked on command lines before, in the old DOS, and I also have worked in unix, so I wasn't a complete stranger to this, though it still took me a couple hours to get it running.

Next I need an ftp program. That should be about it.

Guess I'll be working on the low budget movie on the eee pc for a while.

No comments: