Friday, May 08, 2009

The coffee break called "avoiding work"

Well, I should be working in the yard about now but here I am, playing wireless blogging in a brand new location, acting all the world like a retired guy wandering the city to keep himself amused. The lawn will still be there in an hour -- and it also will be warmer. Still a bit chilly out for these old bones that prefer 90 and above.

I did get an amazing amount of screenwriting done today, all things considered. Writing on the run is always fun and often surprising, as today.

Looking forward to gallery hopping to H's two shows tonight. I generally don't go in for art scenes but it's special for her, which makes it worth while.

The one "losing out" today is the dog, who hasn't had his run yet. I'll have him out while I'm working but he doesn't like even manual push mowers and usually hides under the deck.

I got a 2nd power supply today, and so I'll carry one in the case at all times. However, so far, in my habitual rounds, I haven't gotten below a 50% charge, so maybe I won't often need to plug in. We'll see how it goes.

As soon as school is over, we must get damn serious about our house situation. Refinancing is the plan and waiting to sell until the market improves, presumably in a couple years. I broached the subject of then living in a van, permanently on the road from warm campground to warm campground but this definitely did NOT interest H. Like living in the southwest, I'd have to get divorced to embrace this preference. I have no plans in that direction.

Sunday is the opera, our live matinee, making it a busy weekend. We did not renew our season tickets this year. Two reasons: the price went up, and we enjoy the more frequent Live at the Met HD broadcasts so much, which are much less expensive.

No comments: