Saturday, April 21, 2007

Thanks but no thanks

The producer who liked the concept of The Brazen Wing doesn't like my execution. Doesn't like my main character, who is a retired English prof and is, well, rather like yours truly. I'm not taking it personally ha ha. Wanted something more blue collar, I suspect, than a dude spouting poetry, and also might have been put off by the difficult location of the Goose Necks of the San Juan. Nice thing about a personal story, though, nothing anyone says about it can bother you. I know what I wanted to do, and I did it. This does show how many different directions "a concept" can go in. 10 different writers would write 10 different "Thelma & Louise for seniors" stories. This story is rooted in my eccentric sensibilities about death, so I've never expected commercial interest in it.

No comments: