Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Saturday

Can't decide which of three things to do: see a theater simulcast of an opera; drive down to Eugene for the spring football game; or drive out the gorge with the dog and maybe have lunch in Dufur, a little town I dig. See what the weather is and how I feel.

Very busy day tomorrow: student conferences. With H gone, I have a break and I think I'll run home to let the dog out. Otherwise he's not used to being cooped up for so long. Which means taking the car tomorrow, not the bus as I usually do.

Yesterday I finished a chapter and started the next on Baumholder, 1961. Felt good to be back with it. Need to do more soon.

Solving, through time and grunt work, the embedded fonts hassle with the pdf for the musical. I'll have it out the door this week. This damn project has become my albatross. I think I've written three novels while working on this damn musical! Some collaborations move like molten lead. But the songs are pretty, which is what counts in the long run. My book is pretty ordinary and hokey. Romantic musical comedies are not my strong suit. Give me tragic operas any day!

Well, I've been putting off student work. Have to get to it. Onward.

No comments: