Monday, April 30, 2007

Dangerous travel


They say it's more dangerous to sit in a car than an airplane, and we almost added a statistic to the point on the drive home. A damn truck ran a red light and just about creamed us. My reaction time getting to the brakes was quicker than I would have thought, and we escaped disaster by a thread. Reasonably shook up after that, we stopped for lunch at a favorite Vietnamese restaurant, Pho Hung, on the way home. I had a spectacular bowl of beef noodle soup filled with various goodies, among which was the best tripe I've ever had. Melted on your tongue. My exposure to tripe has been limited to the Mexican favorite, menudo, but I'll be back for more of the Vietnamese use of it.

Harriet brought me a superb present from the east coast: SCRAPPLE! Two pounds. Wonderful.

My favorite adventure story from her trip: she went to Atlantic City with the mother of her daughter-in-law. She played the penny slots, which is exactly her style: and she won $100! Moreover, she then quit.

Great to have her home. Sketch thinks so too. Now life can return to normalcy.

No comments: