Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Good vibes

I'm pretty sure The Brazen Wing is my best screenplay. At the same time, I'm an experienced realist -- which means I also know it's almost impossible to market because the two leads are very old folks. But I keep querying about it, rather randomly as the urge arises.

Such a query connected me to a producer in NYC with whom I have good vibes. The first thing he said is, This is a great story. Next, this is damn, damn hard to make happen. We exchanged some thoughts, and this morning I emailed him the script. Of course, I hope he loves it, that it reinforces his attraction to the story concept ("Thelma & Louise for seniors", an old dude kidnaps his first love from a rest home and they go off on a fishing adventure with everyone looking for them, his grandson along for the adventure). When things happen, they happen serendipitously, rather like this. So we'll see what happens. His last email had a teaser: "I have an idea."

I love this story. Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward would win Academy Awards with it. But they don't need the awards, so there you are.

It's nice to find someone as excited about the concept as I am. At least there's that. Onward.

No comments: