Wednesday, April 25, 2007

From the mail bag

Another email from a former student ...


I wanted to drop you a quick note and say thank you for one particularly valuable lesson I learned in your screenwriting class a few years ago: the query letter. In my four years of film school, not a single writing teacher taught me how to write a query letter. I am so glad had a few weeks back home to take your course. My writing partner and I just had a script optioned and though it doesn't really mean THAT much it is still a step in the right direction. Thank you so much for teaching this invaluable step that so many forget.

I didn't realize this, that you could get through film school without learning something as practical and essential as writing a good query letter. I'm glad she learned something. I wondered why a film school graduate would take my course in the first place.

No comments: