Monday, February 11, 2013

Thoughts on marketing

Texting on Kindle ... At breakfast M had theory that book titles need verb for best marketing ... from PG guy and tested with gothic romances of wife ... but here is the rub ... genre marketing is feeding frenzy ... hyper competitive ...reason to stand out and necessity of short term marketing strategy ... but this is not true for serious literary books ... there is no reading frenzy ... here the goal is long term not short term ...the slow accumulation of interest not a best seller ... here is an example mentioned before ... as a grad student I write an essay about radical pedagogy ... gets published in journal ... decades later ... I say DECADES later another grad student finds it on shelf in library basement and is so turned on he writes a book on same subject ... a stated homage to my idea ... this is fantastic just what I want my work to do ... keep it going ...

wow kindle fire just arrived BYE

No comments: