Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Amazon reviews

I have a lot of books at Amazon but I don't hustle my friends to give them good (or any) reviews. Apparently this is the first thing you should do if you want to sell books. The author as salesman has never been my model.

Consequently when I do get a review at Amazon, it's unsolicited and something more than curious. I received two pleasant ones recently, for my novels Dead Body In A Small Room and Emmett's Gift.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book. Interesting. February 3, 2013
By Millie
Format:Kindle Edition|Amazon Verified Purchase
Dead Body in a Small Room
Interesting story line, fast paced. A good read. I'd read more by this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful January 15, 2013
By paul little
Format:Paperback
This book captivated me from the start to the end. The vicariousness of individuals with different moralities, outlooks on life and ambitions make for a splendidly complex universe through which we are taken. Somehow it reminded me of college and endless days discussing 'character is fate' in english literature; that is not the whole story in Emmett's Gift though, there are emotional layers beyond the obvious.
I like the reader's reminder of college days. He was more than entertained. 

No comments: