Sunday, February 24, 2013

Back on track

Got a very early start this morning on student work, make enough progress to relieve yesterday's stress of having fallen behind. Two scripts to read today and I'll be where I want to be.

Also had time to watch the last episode of season one of The West Wing. The usual cliff hanger but at least I don't have to wait to continue. I am very impressed with the production values of this series, top to bottom. Excellent acting, camera work, writing. If I have a minor criticism, it's that most of the story lines are predictable. But there are a few wonderful surprises, too, one being the episode pointed out by my actor friend Eric (Toby helps bury a homeless vet). You can tell the strength of a production when the performances of the minor roles are as strong as the leads, and that happens here. Good stuff for network television.

Ah, also had time this morning to prepare tonight's dinner, beef strips in my Korean marinade. It's 9:15, Miles Davis is on the Fire, and I've already put in a day's work.

No comments: