Thursday, February 21, 2013

What Is Hypertext?

What Is Hypertext?

My seminal 1994 essay. Translated into many languages on the web, got me an archive at the Univ of North Carolina's Ibiblio Digital Library (because a librarian there admired it so much), a major benefit to me it turns out, and opened quite a few other doors. I think it's because I was ahead of the curve on all this, from a creative writer's standpoint. For example, I also was teaching online screenwriting for college credit (via Eastern Oregon Univ) years before most universities in the country had accepted the validity of serious online courses. My math background turned me on to html coding from the get go. This essay is almost 20 years old! And describes a hypertext adventure I had almost 30 years ago! Incredible. No wonder my traditional playwright's career crashed ha ha.

No comments: