Sunday, March 22, 2009

Talent

John Nugent, for whom I wrote the libretto to DARK MISSION, an opera based on the Whitman Massacre, send me the opening bars of one of several projects we've collaborated on that seem to be in various stages of limbo -- and I love them! I really love this guy's music. I hope he finds whatever he needs to finish our incomplete projects: an opera based on my play VARMINTS, and a series of short pieces based on short stories by Maupassant. None of these are commercial projects, of course, and so don't pay the bills, and a composer like any artist must find work that provides income before doing other things. I think the opera deserves more attention than it's received. I love working with John. I love his music.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Charles,

Thanks. Hopefully it will be in a stage soon that I can let you hear it as a WAV or MP3 with instruments instead of that blasted MIDI.

I have to get the score to "Little Bit of Broadway" ready for a theatre in Hollywood by 10AM, and then I have to be present at that set of auditions. So, I have to get back onto that for tonight. Then, after auditions tomorrow, I'm back onto the Maupassant.

Hope all is well there.

John