Saturday, March 07, 2009

Energy high continues!

Looking forward to a great day: first, the opera Live at the Met!, which goes till mid afternoon, back and expect to be ready to write, probably working on the splay. Looking over the draft, I see that the sequence around page 30 is really midpoint material, so I need to stir the pot more earlier and I found several ways to do that quite naturally, so I should be okay. I'd love to finish Act Two in the next several days but that may be pushing it. At any rate, unless I run into an unexpected problem, usually more likely than not, I should have no trouble finishing the draft this month. But this one came to me whole, I'm more on top of it than I usually am at this early stage.


For reasons unbeknown, a few days ago I forgot to take pain pills for my arthritic knee -- and it didn't feel any worse than usual. So I stopped taking them, and each day the knee felt a little better. It's about at 75% now, which actually I can live with. No sure why the unannounced improvement.


From the library I got a 7 DVD set called Unseen Cinema, lots of avant-garde stuff. Be interesting to check it out, see if I find anything I can learn from or use. Or steal ha ha.


I wonder if I'll have a teaching job next year. I put in to teach but the way the state economy is going, lots of cuts ahead. In my behalf, I have a class that for over ten years has been full with a waiting list every term. They shouldn't cut such a class though they may transfer it to a tenured professor already on the payroll and save a few bucks. Not the end of the world if they drop me but I very much would prefer ending this dance on my terms, not theirs, and I had decided to go into the classroom for another year.


We're starting research for our changes ahead. Do we finance the house or sell it? I'm for selling it and moving into an apartment, preferably one filled with seniors. I'm also for leaving Portland but the farthest away I expect to get on that score is Beaverton ha ha. Long way from Albuquerque or other places I'd like to check out. But I think it's time to downsize, decrease possessions and responsibilities and increase mobility and flexibility.


H still in bed. She needs to get up and have breakfast and get ready for the opera. I've done all of the above.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Can those MET tickets be bought at the box office?

Charles Deemer said...

Yes! we buy them at the box office 30 min. before the performance, no line, no mess.