Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Revising the schedule

It's clear my energy ain't what it used to be even a year ago, and my work schedule needs to begin to reflect this. Looking at what I had planned ahead, I don't think I can handle it. I need to zero in on the projects most immediately important to me. What all this shakes out to is this: delaying the feature I planned to shoot this summer. I'm not sure the script will be ready, I'm already behind on the short videos project, and behind on the novel. What's most important to me right now? Scorpio Setting, the novel. It's also the hardest to do. But this, not the feature, needs to get my full attention in the summer since I can't do both -- and I'll likely still be shooting the short video project then since it's already March and I've yet to start shooting one of them.

I've always worked on many projects at once without a problem but my energy, my concentration, even my interest, all have been waning recently. Part of my sense of needing to downsize and move more slowly is demanding less in my writing schedule.

Feels to me like the clock definitely is winding down.

No comments: