Friday, March 27, 2009

On the road

We have an anniversary coming up, and it occurred to us that H will be too busy to celebrate it. She's part of a group that will be hosting visiting artists from Korea, keeping her very busy in the days ahead. So we decided to get out of town for a day, despite both feelng still under the weather.

We drove only an hour to get to the new Oregon Garden Resort. We had a coupon from the paper for a great deal. The clincher was that the resort is dog friendly, as so many are not. So here we are.

And it's beautiful, right on the garden grounds, on a high plateau overlooking the valley, units providing considerable quiet and surprising privacy, a fine restaurant, the garden at hand and accessible to dogs -- all this only an hour from home. We'll be back.


My contract with my agent expires this summer and he has offered a renewal. This is a big deal since he hasn't sold anything yet. But I have to think about this. I wish I had more a sense of making progress, which the perpetual litany of "crank it up" doesn't always give me. Before the contract expires, I may snoop around and see what other options I may have. This is the best situated agent I've had in a very long time. But agents are just agents. There are good ones and bad ones, and they like to operate from a position of power that they don't always deserve. So I am glad a renewal is offered, which is positive, and yet I wonder if he may be holding me back as well as helping me, in this mad Hollywood chase. Decision time will be soon.


Waiting for H to wake up so we can get breakfast. It's after 8.


A good game tonight, Gozaga and UNC.


Back to the agent: I think the new rewrite will be a test. I see his notes as positive, and I am responding to them, but if he comes back with the same old litany, than I fear we may be engaged in some strange power game. We'll see. After all, I'm no amateur in these affairs myself.


Home sweet home.

No comments: