Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Slow recovery

Feel like I'm on the downhill side of the crud. And H is getting sick, so it's baton-passing time alas.

Need to attack the syllabus but not today. Have a ten page start on new splay, which I'm getting excited about, the usual "serial monogamist" syndrome. The agent is looking at the last one and I surely hope he's as excited about it as I and some of my readers are.

Fantasy time: If I actually made a ton of money before I pass, I think I'd set up a second household in the southwest, where IT IS WARM, and mostly live there and H could come visit whenever she wanted. She has the connections and commitments here, not I -- except for the university. And I'm close to retiring from teaching, I suspect. I still want a chance to play the role of the old guy in town by whose appearances you can set your watch -- 10am at the coffee shop, 3pm at the ice cream parlor, like that. Secretly writing scandalous avant-garde literature which may or may not be discovered posthumously.

Back to reality. Oh well.

No comments: