Saturday, March 28, 2009

Battery charge or lobotomy?

Still sick and not thinking too clearly. Apprehensive about being in the classroom in 3 days if I don't feel better than I do.

Also feel like I need new energy, a battery charge, a lobotomy, something to get me focused more than I have been lately, albeit sick, something to regain my faith that my days are spent in work more valuable, more useful, more meaningful, than if I spent them in a coma. The mantra of the existentialist, I suppose. Sometimes I think I don't have the strength of character to be an existentialist ha ha.

Today's goal, get my syllabus done and delivered to the copy center. Shouldn't be too difficult, despite low energy.

No basketball games of interest any more. It's all the hot shots left, the professional teams disguised as college teams. I think they should require a 3 point GPA for a student to play basketball. I think they should raise the hoop 18 inches in the men's game. Maybe two feet. I think there should be salary caps for professional athletes. Like $1 million. I think sports scholarships should be paid by the professional leagues, not by the universities. Bah, humbug.

No comments: