Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Juggling numbers

My class is always full with a waiting list, and I always let more into the class than the "limit" set by the department. The question always is, How many more? This term the list is unusually long, including several graduating seniors with this last chance to take it. I may let more in than I usually do, swayed also by the economy and the possibility this is my last term teaching. Who knows what is down the pike? Stuff to brood on today. My job would be easier if some of the wait list folks don't show up. That would be convenient.

Not feeling great but not feeling worse. Again, babying myself all day and heading out mid-afternoon.

H is busy all week with the Korean artists in town. Lots of solo dining. Tomorrow is First Wednesday, which I expect to make unless I have a major relapse, knock on my wooden head.

No comments: