Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Royalties v. Ego


Just rec'd a flier about my play opening in LaLaLand -- and the Russian author is listed but not yours truly as translator/adapter! Scandalous, really, but I shot back an email saying I'm at the age where generous royalties, which I'm getting, are preferable to publicity. Long as I'm in the program ha ha. But of course they are all devastated down there etc etc etc -- maybe I can weasel a free plane ride out of it.

O christalmighty.....the official poster better have your name on it. Let me check.
How awful! Glad your ego can take this. You know how I love this translation. B. (the director)

I'm reminded of Yeats on winning the Nobel Prize in Literature. First words: How much? Writers damn well know how the world works.

Meanwhile, almost caught up on the things I wanted to get caught up on today.

No comments: