Sunday, November 30, 2008

Cruising, coffee, fog, brooding

A foggy day in Portland town. Off for morning coffee, then cruising and brooding a bit, I found myself brooding about the novel in progress, the "literary" one (not the Cold War one), which appears to be in the family of Bellow's Seize the Day, in this case the last day in the life of an old man. At any rate, during the holiday break I'll print out what I have and read it and see where I am. It is the story I'm most drawn to lately. End of life issues etc. but in a darkly comic package.

Another shakeup in the mocku cast situation requires me to shuffle and reinvent some plot points. What an adventure ha ha. The final script will be far afield from the original one, most of the changes in response to practical necessities.

A twenty minute drive to the shoot out of town. But the shoot itself is short, should be done in an hour. Friday and Saturday are challenges, roles in flux in each case.

I continue to create the sound track concept based on what I found in my head earlier. I like how it's evolving.

No comments: