Sunday, November 23, 2008

Oregon Literary Review

I've chosen my successor as editor, and the person accepted. This will happen eventually but not in the next two years, I hope: I'd like to remain for the journal's first five years, and our upcoming Winter/Spring issue is v4, n1. After five years, I'll see how I feel about it.

I have a new sense of security knowing that a very capable person will take over when I decide to step down. This is my baby, after all -- not only did I found it, but I turned down an opportunity to partner with the university in order to maintain total control over its direction, paying for the web space myself. I wanted to take more risks than I think the university "committee" would have agreed to. I'm pleased with our development, though there are still many ways for us to improve. But especially in video, we are doing things few journals are matching.

And younger blood will be taking it over, which should move the journal in more exciting new directions.

No comments: