Thursday, November 27, 2008

A good talk

My godson in Idaho called yesterday, and we had a good long chat. He's been having some health problems that he hopes recent surgery will improve. He was still weak from it but in good spirits. He was skipping Thanksgiving at his mother's in order to escape family melodrama that he wasn't up for, instead having a small meal at home. I don't blame him. Many holiday meals end up with family melodrama. There's nothing quite like it. Hence all the comedies on the subject, like Home for the Holidays.

I've been blessed with good health despite my somewhat sordid past. Quite amazing actually. I pull a hamstring and it's the most serious "injury" I've had (which finally is beginning to get better, by the way). This is either luck of the draw or the favor of the gods, I'm not sure which.

Our few dinner guests arrive this afternoon, so I'll help clean house this morning and get ready for them. Looking forward to a low key non-melodramatic holiday. Knock on my wooden head for luck.

Still have some student scripts to read, which I'll take care of soon, before H and Sketch crawl out of bed.

I woke up with a head full of pulsating music, an idea for the soundtrack of the mockumentary, which would be easy to compose in Finale. I'm going to test the idea out. It is outrageously simple and sometimes simplicity is the best way to go. I'm rather excited about dropping the music track down and hearing how it works out.

I shoot tomorrow afternoon. Need to do some prep in the morning.

Onward.

No comments: