Thursday, November 06, 2008

Busy, busy

Visited my friend K. in the hospital on my way to First Wednesday yesterday. He'd had a seizure, is in general poor health due mainly to drinking, stop or die the doc says, the same message I got 15 years ago when I was about his age now. He says he'll do it but likely doesn't know it's harder than it sounds.

Stepped out of the hospital during rush hour, decided to eat first before navigating the bridge across the river. Went to Nobby's and was shocked to find it dead. In "the old days," when it was my 2nd home, 530 on a weekday would find it packed with the after work crowd. About half a dozen customers last evening, not 100 or more. Times change, I guess the younger work crowd has "cooler" watering holes now. Makes me wonder how C., the owner, stays in business. Still gets a good lunch crowd from the hospital across the street, I'm sure. But it must not be like the past when business was always booming.

First Wednesday was good, though the crowd smaller than usual. Took video, which is my task now.

Scripts to read this morning, rush to music class, rush home, rush to the university, finish showing Sideways and discuss it. Tuesday is a holiday, which is good -- maybe, with the long break, I can do something outrageous, like finish the splay draft and move forward with the novel, besides the usual video editing. Next Monday I start shooting the mockumentary. I'm ready!

No comments: