Thursday, August 07, 2008

Rise and shine

Up full of energy this morning, still glowing about the good readings last night. One lady told me it was the best reading she's ever seen in Portland. And Andy, who has the wine shop, said he was shaking at the end, he was so moved, and that this is exactly what he had in mind when he conceived of having readings there. I'm curious what October will be like with three highly visible, reputable writers on the program: Diana Abujabar, Primus St. John, Craig Lesley.

Now that I'm not the host, I can take video of the readings and create a regular section of highlights in the review.

Today is music and screenplay day. Get back in the groove with the latter. See if I can fix the bridge of the song I've been writing -- or if I even still like it. And move forward in my various music studies books.

Friday I plan to spend some time in the office in the morning, doing net chores I've been putting off, stuff that needs a fast connection. The Bite festival starts, if H is free maybe we can meet for lunch there. Something is going on Friday evening, I can't recall. Taping the opening of the Olympics, of course, but H has an opening or something I forgot to mark on my calendar.

Julie showed me her later model Flip last night. So much more streamlined looking than my original one! Better design of where the batteries are, too. And it has a tripod mount. I have to rig mine if I use the monopod. I'd like to see them come out with a two-hour model.

No comments: