Friday, August 15, 2008

The quiet hours

Man, this is a fine time of the day/night. So quiet! My favorite time. If we were at the coast -- and we just made reservations for after Labor Day -- I'd go for a walk on the beach. Walk around here at this time, I'd be picked up as a burglar.

Getting a decent DVD is a great psychological relief. I'll drop it off to Columbia today and order some copies. It looks good.

I made a small breakthrough on improvising blues last night. Some things are beginning to come together. I'm excited about the new music class but also wonder how I'll do. It's an interesting class to offer on the seniors program, it seems to me.

Saturday we're going to our nearby neighborhood parade, Multnomah Days, one of those experiences of Americana one can't resist. Sunday's a free day at the Mt. Hood Jazz Festival but I'm not sure I'm up to two social engagements in as many days!

I really need to get back in gear on the screenplay. Those first two came so quickly, this one is not so. Of course, I've had a lot of distractions.

I need to work on the mockumentary and give the actors their writing assignments.

I ordered a new book to review, The Architecture of Drama. I'm still looking for a good "theory" book to use in screenwriting, one that covers the basics without reading like a physics textbook.

Between Labor Day and school starting, I want to put down the foundation for the new review and catch up. I have quite a few script submissions to consider.

No comments: