Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Roll Call

Watched the roll call at the Dem convention. I love this parade of Chambers of Commerce and over-blown state pride, it's messy and rough around the edges, just like democracy is supposed to be. If democracy ever gets neat and tidy, it moves toward the efficient order of fascism.

And it was moving when Obama officially became the nominee, our first minority candidate in a major party, and many in the hall were in tears, and I don't blame them. An historical day. Obama has an incredible opportunity and audience with his acceptance speech tomorrow night. Talk about pressure. Curious how he'll do.

If I were advising McCain, I'd choose a woman as VP, just to stir the pot. I think it'll be Romney, which I think is to the Dem's advantage. We'll see.

No comments: