Tuesday, September 18, 2007

You won't believe this

From my original blog:

Wednesday, January 22, 2003
Writing on the run
Sometimes I have to grab my writing time whenever and wherever I can find it. Yesterday I had a business lunch. I arrived early, laptop word processor in hand, and managed to write 3 or 4 pages on my novel before my lunch partner arrived. My laptop is an AlphaSmart 3000 and I swear by it -- 700 hours on 2 AA batteries! All it does is write, and that's all I need it to do. No, I don't own stock. Honestly.

Note the date, 2003, almost 5 years ago. Actually it runs on THREE AA batteries, not 2. And I changed them today. I replaced the original batteries!!!!!!! I didn't have to, actually, it was still running fine but I was down to 45% battery strength, so I figured, what the hell. Memory told me I had almost 3 years on them -- not five!

Now why in hell don't they develop batteries for laptops that will do this?

No comments: