Thursday, September 27, 2007

Progress

Made progress on two fronts this morning. Began putting down details of NAILS IN MY COFFIN, beginning with the dozen characters I'll feature, each of whom gets a chapter. I may use more, or even less. Some place to start. And I drafted a pitch to my agent on a new story. I sent him two loglines yesterday, and he wanted to see a synopsis of one of them. I'm itching to get writing a screenplay but I need to get his approval first so it's not a waste of time. Screenwriting now exists in the world of commerce, writing outside in. Fiction now exists in the world of art, writing inside out. A nice balance actually. But it's frustrating to be having such a hard time creating a commercial story that passes the scrutiny of my agent. Yet I've already written dozens of screenplays that are not commercial (apparently) ... surely have no need for more! This agent thing is a business partnership and I'm trying to get together a story he thinks he can sell. 0 for 3, but #4 coming to him soon as requested.

No comments: