Monday, September 03, 2007

Labor day?

When did Labor Day stop having much to do with labor? As I kid, I remember the holiday being very much a celebration of working people, particularly blue collar working people. Unions were more influential then. (Their decline was helped considerably by their own corruption.) Now, with outsizing and mergers, American workers are less secure and less well off than in the past. They call it progress.

I've been working on a new satiric short, an inspiration.

Decided my screenplay concept not "big" enough for LaLaLand, so today I sent off another to my agent. As he points out, "good indie scripts" are stacked in every agency and prodco in Hollywood. It's the big high concept "natural" that's difficult to conceive. Hell, now I can make my own indie. Might as well aim higher with my agent.

1 comment:

Charles Deemer said...

Glad you stumbled in. Keep coming back.