Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The morning commute

Only a few times a year do I join the morning commuters and get a taste of what the morning routine is for most folks. It's shocking how few 9 to 5 jobs I've had in my work life. 24/7, of course, but this makes no sense to those who don't do the same themselves. Takes obsession to recognize it. At any rate, took the van in to be serviced early this morning, then hopped a bus to the university, so I got to ride with the commuters. Kinda nice in small doses.

There's a hint of excitement on campus, as we prepare for school to start next week. Last minute cosmetic fixes here and there. I'm excited myself -- and very, very curious to see how many students pick the new video option I'm offering them.

I brought headphones to school, a set to keep here, so I can do all my YouTube business with the T1 line, a real treat. Finished my uploading and now might do some video research while I'm here. I like it here, my office my home away from home. I like being at the university. It's really the only connection to Portland I have any more. Take away PSU and I could leave this town in the snap of a finger. I don't like most of the changes that have happened in neighborhood after neighborhood. I don't relate to what most folks think is "cool" about Portland now. I'd rather live in eastern Oregon, except for the winters. I'd actually rather live in Pasadena, where I grew up. But H will never move, and PSU at least makes my staying here comfortable.

Well, back to research.

No comments: