Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Carmen

Portland Opera presented a first rate Carmen, top to bottom. It's easy to understand why this opera is a popular classic: great music and a driving narrative. Curiously enough, however, there were more empty seats than usual in the auditorium. Too many folks have already seen it too often?

Looks like a decent class, although my classroom leaves much to be desired. My string of great classroom assignments is over. Maybe I'll do better next term.

A relaxing day of grunt work chores and getting into gear on several projects in progress. I got a lot of work done at the office yesterday, including preparing two new stories for submission to my agent. Maybe I can finish that up today. I'm eager to get writing on a new screenplay but I need a story he thinks he can sell! I've never been more aware of how story-driven (not writing-driven) LaLaLand is. I'm 0 for 2 in my story submissions so far.

No comments: