Friday, September 14, 2007

Reading tomorrow

A rare if short reading by yours truly at the Slabtown Community Festival tomorrow in NW Portland. I'm on at 5pm. This happened because the McMennamins Historian insisted I read from Christmas at the Juniper Tavern, which is something of a classic from the 80s, I suppose, in that pre-gentrification era that many will be remembering tomorrow. I'll read a few monologues from the play. McM Tavern & Pool, where I shot the lunch scene in Sunset, was one of my hangouts in the 80s, even staged a play there one night, so I'm considered "an old timer" in the neighborhood even though I haven't lived in NW for over a decade. Should be fun tomorrow.

2 comments:

Julie said...

How exciting!

Charles Deemer said...

Yes, it's always exciting when someone (the McM historian, the anthology editor) remembers I'm not dead.

It's not so exciting when I run into someone I haven't seen for twenty years and they ask, Do you still write?