Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Writing metabolism

I've noticed quite a change in my working metabolism this fall. I work much more slowly, much less obsessively, than I've ever written in my life. Over the summer, of course, I was obsessed with shooting video, and I worked my butt off. Maybe I'm still recovering. Or maybe I'm finally slowing down because of age. Or it may be because of fading interest. Sometimes writing feels like pissing against the wind, and I've been doing it for a hell of a long time. A piano may be getting more attractive than a computer keyboard. Not sure what's going on, just notice a definite change in my work energy and routine. I don't feel as "possessed" as I usually do when I'm working on projects.

Today, for example, with a free day, I've done no writing but a lot of piano work.

No comments: