Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Last week rush

The last week of classes! Quite amazing. Harriet also believes the fall has just zipped by.

It's an easy week and a hard weekend. Tie loose ends and show videos today and Thursday. Today is a nice new documentary, "Dreams On Spec," following 3 writers in LA trying to make it as screenwriters. Very realistic.

This weekend I read and grade their final scripts. I have one student so good I already gave her an A and told her no revision necessary for a grade, spend your time on the final essay. She's taking advanced screenwriting next term, so I get to keep working with her. Students as good as she are a blessing.

Over the break, my goal is to finish the draft of my own splay in progress. I have a good first act, I think, but I haven't found the right one to get Act II going. Some new ideas on this. Onward.

No comments: